Creative People - Profile 4: Olawale Olaniyi

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. 



In this post I present to you another inspirational person, a creative soul and (I am proud to say) my friend, who has proven through determination and diligence, that by patiently developing yourself and maximizing your abilities, you can be whoever you want to be. Let him do the talking.

 Could you tell us who you are?
 I am Olawale Olaniyi, also known as Dr. Seth. A medical doctor by profession, and a self-taught cinematographer and graphics designer



 A little about your background?
My parents hail from Ekiti State, but I was born in Ilorin, Kwara State. First in a family of 5 kids. I also had my formal education in Ilorin.

How did you find yourself doing what you do now?
For me, it all started out of my love for music. The arts are related in such an intricate manner in spite of their distinctiveness that one form is not absolutely exclusive of the other.
In my case, I started out with a gospel quintet. We decided to record some singles then, and the moment I stepped into that studio, I knew I could do what the producer was doing if only I had the resources. So, I started with my dad's computer. I did some mix tapes for some dance groups in town then, like the Living Word Choreographers, Sardonyx, etc.
Along the line, I got introduced to a guy doing some tight graphic design and 3d animation, and fell in love with what he did. Over time, I came to develop more passion for video, got a video camera and more and more editing software. At a point, my mum complained 'cos rather than buy clothes and stuffs like other kids, I'd buy computer accessories and be in my room all day. The rest is history.

So what are your passions? Why do you do what you do?
My passion is to conceive an idea, and with the tools at my disposal, brings it to the screen in a way that the viewer gets the message and appreciates the imaginativeness and the effort put into the project.

What are your influences? Who or what would you say has made the greatest impact on you as a person?
Hmmmm.......wow! Strangely, I'd say my late dad on the one hand, Reverend George Adegboye of Rhema Chapel International, Reverend Biodun Fatoyinbo of COZA, and great directors like Billy Woodruff, Michael Bay, and especially Peter Jackson on the other. These people at one point in my life worked at keeping me on my toes.

How would you define creativity? Who is a creative person?
Let's keep it simple. Creativity is from the word, "create", which means to birth something out of nothing or something already in existence. The process or art of doing this is creativity.
Every day, we are all required to be creative in little ways that we're not even aware of. We have to improvise a lot to get by. Living in itself is creativity.....lol

What do you want to be known for by coming generations?
Wow!...... I want future generations to talk about how great a teacher I was, especially in relation to movie-making. I want them to look back and still appreciate my art. Beats change every day, but people still sample works from Mozart & Bach. I'd love to be that influential long after I'm gone too.

What current projects are you working on?
Well, I just finished a documentary for a client a couple of hours ago. Got nothing on my plate right now, except for making storyboards for a couple of music videos I'm going to be shooting within the next 4 weeks. Once in a while, I add some flesh to d plot of a story I've been writing for 4 months now......Gosh! I love writing songs and poetry, but writing a story is soooo hard. By the way, I'm looking for a writer to help out o.



When and how do we get to see this project?
Well, the music videos will be out by October. The first, possibly in September. The story.....well, I really can't say at the moment. It's a fictionalized account of some experiences I had growing up, but trust me, there's a great deal of suspense, tragedy and romance in there. Hopefully, the movie will premiere sometime in the next 4 years or so........lol

Any websites, links, magazines, blogs etc. that showcase your work?
Yes, please check out some of my works through the following link  vimeo.com/user5738514/videos.
Comments will be appreciated too. More will be joining soon.
Thank you Dr. Shawn, for the opportunity.


And there it is...another person headed for success. If you are inspired by Wale, or you want to send him a shout out, or a word of encouragement, please do drop your comments on this post and share with other friends.
Stay tuned to this chanel, and be sure to hook up with our facebook page: 
for more inspirational stuff.

Remain Inspired

Comments

  1. Dr Seth,ÈŠ̝̊̅'♍ U̶̲̥̅̊Я̩̥̊ #1 fan...ÈŠ̝̊̅ wish U̶̲̥̅̊ greater scx all d̶̲̥̅̊ way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one sire... I can write well if u need a writer. I sing and dance as well..but d dancing is off me for now...I hope to bounce back..keep up d good work. D skye is ur starting point...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seth is my brother and best friend! a rare gift to this generation! watch him as he rises!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olaniyi is a friend and a colleague, got interested in his work when I saw his musical videos which I thot were fantastic. Seth is a Happy guy...an attribute that wld take him far in his Career. This is only a platform  Greater achievement.More oustanding success D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥α̲̅®.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woww,read'n thru ur story it's like it shld not end.Wat a great guy determined,as u climb d ladder may God c u thru.U'll b d star u're destined 2 be with relentless effort.keep up d good work.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely are coasting onto greatness bro. Keep soaring

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greater heights Dr. Seth. God bless you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment